13 Tips to Save Money on Your Home
Watch on your mobile device >>
If you own a home, here are a few tips to save some money on your home. Some of the tips you have thought of however maybe one or two of the items will help you put a little more in your bank account.
Tips to saving money on your home
1. The best suggestion that I can give is to make just 1 extra payment a year to go to your principal payment. Doing so will allow you to pay off a 30 year mortgage off 7 years faster.
2. Also consider getting a 15 year loan and making the same extra payment per year.
3. If you haven't done so, get a windstorm mitigation inspection. This could save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars each year.
4. Have an FP&L energy efficiency test to see how you can save on your utility bills.
5. Close blinds during the day during the summer to keep the home cooler.
6. Do maintenance early as the longer it goes, the more expensive a repair can be.
7. Consider upgrading insulation, appliances and a/c units. There are rebate programs for a/c and solar energy (water) too.
8. Put a programmable thermostat for your ac. Ideal ten - 75-78%. Every degree you raise your thermostat, you could result in a 5% savings.
9. If allowed, run your sprinkler off of a lake.
10. Consider adding a ventilating fan in the attic.
11. Review your landscaping to see if you need more shade. Also make sure you don't have bushes touching the home.
12. Replace your a/c filters monthly
13. When selling, hire the Treu Group to put more money in your pocket.
For more real estate tips, listen to our radio show at www.treugroup.com.